Current:Home > reviewsIs Chris Pine Returning for Princess Diaries 3? He Says... -Profound Wealth Insights
Is Chris Pine Returning for Princess Diaries 3? He Says...
TradeEdge Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 21:12:29
Could Chris Pine be headed back to Genovia?
Following news that a third movie in the Princess Diaries film series is in the works, Chris—who make his feature-length debut opposite Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement—was asked about his potential involvement.
“I don’t know anything,” he emphatically told Today show co-hosts Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager during his Oct. 8 appearance. “Call Disney. Call Bob Iger. I don’t know anything about it.”
However, whether or not the Wonder Woman star, 44, is currently in the loop on the project, that doesn’t mean he’s not interested.
“I think it’s fantastic,” he added, “and I would love to come back.”
Earlier this year, the actor revealed just how monumental his breakthrough role as Nicholas Devereaux in the 2004 romantic comedy was to his career.
“I was driving on the freeway—it was the height of summer— and I got a call from my agents that I booked the job,” Chris shared on Sunday Sitdown with Willie Geist in May. “I pulled over onto the side of the freeway and they said, ‘You're getting paid $65,000.’ It was like they’d just told me I’d made $50 million. It was absolutely earth-shattering.”
He continued, “I just remember distinctly knowing in that moment that my life had changed somehow.”
E! News previously confirmed that the third installment in the series was moving ahead, with Crazy Rich Asians director Adele Lim set to take over directing duties from Garry Marshall, who directed the first two films before his death in 2016.
“As a diehard fan of the original Princess Diaries, I’m beyond excited to be a part of bringing the third iteration of this beloved franchise to life,” Lim said in a statement. “We look forward to celebrating its core tenants of female power, joy and mentorship with audiences worldwide.”
As for Anne—who originated the role of Mia Thermopolis in the first Princess Diaries movie in 2001—she shared her reaction to the upcoming threequel on social media, counting to three before blowing a kiss to the camera and reciting Mia’s iconic “Shut up!”
“Miracles happen,” she captioned the video posted on Instagram Oct. 4. “Back to Genovia with @adeleblim @disney @somewherepictures. The fairy tale continues.”
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (74846)
Related
- Who are the most valuable sports franchises? Forbes releases new list of top 50 teams
- Researchers found the planet's deepest under-ocean sinkhole — and it's so big, they can't get to the bottom
- In a first, an orangutan is seen using a medicinal plant to treat injury
- Could two wealthy, opinionated Thoroughbred owners reverse horse racing's decline?
- Romantasy reigns on spicy BookTok: Recommendations from the internet’s favorite genre
- Summer heat hits Asia early, killing dozens as one expert calls it the most extreme event in climate history
- Indiana Fever move WNBA preseason home game to accommodate Pacers' playoff schedule
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Threestyle (Freestyle)
- Why members of two of EPA's influential science advisory committees were let go
- Lawyers for teen suing NBA star Ja Morant over a fight during a pickup game withdraw from the case
Ranking
- Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
- Michigan Supreme Court rules against couple in dispute over privacy and drone photos of land
- Bird flu outbreak: Don't drink that raw milk, no matter what social media tells you
- Caitlin Clark to the Olympics, Aces will win third title: 10 bold predictions for the 2024 WNBA season
- Macy's says employee who allegedly hid $150 million in expenses had no major 'impact'
- New Hampshire moves to tighten rules on name changes for violent felons
- Busy Philipps talks ADHD diagnosis, being labeled as 'ditzy' as a teen: 'I'm actually not at all'
- Lewis Hamilton shares goal of winning eighth F1 title with local kids at Miami Grand Prix
Recommendation
Can Bill Belichick turn North Carolina into a winner? At 72, he's chasing one last high
Self-exiled Chinese businessman’s chief of staff pleads guilty weeks before trial
Breaking Down Selling the OC's Feuds: Why Alex Hall and Kayla Cardona Are Not on Speaking Terms
Marijuana backers eye proposed federal regulatory change as an aid to legalizing pot in more states
'Vanderpump Rules' star DJ James Kennedy arrested on domestic violence charges
Person fatally shot by police after allegedly pointing weapon at others ID’d as 35-year-old man
Instagram teams up with Dua Lipa, launches new IG Stories stickers
Nick Viall and Wife Natalie Joy Reveal F--ked Up Hairstylist Walked Out on Wedding Day